Authentic, Value-Adding & High-Impact
Corporate Communications & Reputation Strategies
Harness AI & New Tech To Navigate Crisis & Uncertainty & Build Resilient Reputations ✓ Showcase Your Organisation As A Leader Around ESG, EDI & More ✓ Effectively Engage & Influence Complex External & Internal Stakeholders ✓ Deliver Powerful, Measurable & Repeatable Success Stories Showcasing Comms Value To Senior Leaders
08.30 Registration, Informal Networking & GIC Welcome
09.00 Morning Co-Chair’s Opening Remarks
Victoria Rees, Director of External Communications, Domestic & General
Refreshed Reputation Strategies
09.10 Strategic Comms Strategies To Safeguard Reputation In A Changing World
- Authenticity is the key to good reputation! How can brands and organisations ensure their comms come from an authentic voice the public and stakeholders can trust?
- Transform your weaknesses into strengths! Turn the tables on negative press to positively shape reputation, minimise long-term damage and strengthen stakeholder confidence
- How can communicators handle cultural conflicts and create truthful messages that boost reputation during times of high tensions?
Daniel Greaves, Corporate Communications Lead, UK, Klarna
The Psychological Principles Behind Crisis Comms
Michael Bodansky, Head Of Corporate Communications, Revolut
Gold-Standard Crisis Comms
09.50 Develop Protective Crisis Action Plans With Stringent Reputational Risk Assessments To Build Long-Term Brand Resilience
- How can communicators develop their ability to assess risk and spot crises before scandals blow up out of all proportion?
- Crisis planning is all well and good, but how can we ensure plans are stuck to when critical issues emerge?
- Build crisis action plans with resilience and flexibility at the heart to tackle any potential issue
- Dealing with constant crisis can be a tiring prospect, so how can leaders ensure the welfare of their teams during times of greater stress?
Daisy Omissi, Senior Vice President External Communications, Civil Aerospace, Rolls-Royce
Julia Record, Global Director of Communications & Partnerships, Dorchester Collection
Neil Fleming, Head of Media Relations, UK, HSBC
Chloe Couchman, Global Director of Corporate Communications, Merlin Entertainments
Lisa Hannah, Group Chief of Staff & Director of Group Communications & Corporate Affairs, Aldermore Bank
Alastair Clifton, Director of International Communications, Royal Caribbean Group
Louis Blake, Head of Corporate Communications, UK&I, Danone
Embedded Diversity & Inclusion Comms
10.20 Navigate The Culture Wars & Embed Proactive Discussions & Output Around Equity, Diversity & Inclusion As A Central Comms Practice
- Keep pace with the evolving language of EDI and prove your commitment to diversity with internal and external stakeholders
- Social media backlash can encourage caution, so how can communications be bold and inspiring around EDI, rather than avoiding the issue?
- How can organisations link their D&I practices into a wider employee value proposition and showcase their progress to both current and future colleagues?
Laura Peters, Director of Corporate Communications, WWF-UK
Nagina Kayani, Head of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, WWF-UK
10.40 Morning Refreshment Break With Informal Networking
11.10 Bonus Session; Reserved For Exclusive Conference Partner
Digital & Social Media
11.40 Unlock The Right Channel Mix For Your Stakeholders & Drive Sky-High Engagement With Authentic, Cut-Through Social Media Strategies
- Find your voice! How can brands develop distinctive voices online that stand out from the crowd and amplify messaging and reach?
- How can brands most effectively track sentiment on digital and social media and develop data-led social strategies?
- Its ok to not be everywhere! How can brands maximise their efforts by focusing on the channels where stakeholders are and where their brand voice resonates loudest?
Soco Nunez de Cela, Brand & Communications Director, Burger King UK
AI & New Tech
12.00 Harness The Power Of AI & New Tech Innovations To Streamline Processes & Deeper Insights Whilst Keeping That Crucial Human Tone Of Voice
- AI is having a moment in the public conversation, but where can the true value of AI be found for comms professionals?
- Deepfakes? Fake tweets (or X’s)? How can companies protect themselves from the reputational risks of AI and ensure stakeholders know what is real or false?
- Tech is a tool, not the enemy! Prepare teams effectively for tech advances and showcase to them the value to their role
- Press releases written by ChatGPT? Sounds pretty ideal, but can brands truly have an authentic tone of voice with AI input?
Jessica Tompkinson, Global Head of Communications & Corporate Affairs, Operations, Unilever
Rajan Lakhani, Head of PR & Comms, Plum
Measurement & ROI
12.30 Deliver Data-Driven Results From Comms Strategies & Showcase the Business Value Of Corporate Communications
- Get to the heart of campaign and comms success and ensure future decision-making is data and insight-led
- One size doesn’t fit all when it comes to measurement, so how can the right metrics be determined to deliver targeted, strategic business value?
- What role does AI and new tech have to play in redefining comms success measurement as a science rather than an art?
Phil Cresswell-Nash, External & Internal Communications Lead, Metropolitan Police
12.50 Lunch For Delegates, Speakers & Partners
13.20 Informal Peer-To-Peer Discussions
a) Employee Advocacy
Jacqui Randle, Head of Internal Communications, Scottish Government
b) Communicating Through The Culture Wars
c) Engaging Media & Journalists
d) Comms On A Budget
e) Thought Leadership
13.50 Afternoon Co-Chairs’ Opening Remarks
Claire Taaffe, Global Director of External Communications, Primark
Kate Reynolds, UK Director of Corporate Affairs & Communications, National Express LTD
14.00 Build Relationships With Political Stakeholders & Develop Business-Critical Links With Key Future Influences
- With an election round the corner, how can comms and public affairs professionals build the right relationships with all sides of the aisle and position themselves effectively for the future?
- With the outcome of the next general election less than obvious, how can comms teams ensure authenticity when engaging with political stakeholders during uncertainty?
- It’s not just about national stakeholders! With instability and often constant change at local levels, how can deep relationships be built amidst the change?
George Robinson, Head of Government Relations, Three UK
Miles Evans, Head of Public Affairs, Openreach
Alastair Hill, Head of Public Affairs & Public Policy, Santander UK
Julian Francis, Head of External Affairs, Ofgem
14.30 Bonus Session; Reserved For Exclusive Conference Partner
15.00 Showcase The Progress Made On Sustainability Objectives With Real-World Evidence Whilst Avoiding Greenwashing Outcries
- Promises and commitments are no longer enough! Move the needle with key stakeholders through implementation-based comms with real impact
- How can communicators proactively celebrate sustainability achievements whilst avoiding ‘mission accomplished’ style pitfalls?
- Keep sustainability at the top of the agenda in spite of external headwinds and ensure it doesn’t get lost in the shuffle
Oatly - Case Study
15:20 F*Ck Oatly: Growing A Company & Owning The Journey
Lucy Hopkins-Parkinson, Head of Communications, UK & Ireland, Oatly
15.40 Hear Directly How To Build Strong Relationships, Stand Out From The Crowd & Grab Their Attention
16.05 Afternoon Refreshment Break With Informal Networking
Employee Advocacy & Internal Comms
16.35 Re-Defining Employee Advocacy From ‘Buzzword’ To Transformational Reality
- Best practices to launch a successful programme
- Ways to measure results and prove ROI to senior stakeholders
- How internal comms and engagement is the secret sauce for a thriving programme
Yvonne Boateng, Global Engagement Program Manager, Amazon
Strategic Influence of Corporate Communications
16.55 Embed The Comms Function As A Strategic Internal Influencer At The Heart Of Your Organisation & Win The Hearts & Minds Of Executive Leaders
- How can comms professionals better understand the needs of C-Suite executives and better tailor their approaches to fit them?
- It’s not about asking for a seat at the table, it’s about providing value! How can communicators demonstrate their true value to senior leadership and secure their strategic position?
- Speak the language of senior leadership and effectively showcase the fruits of comms labour with real data and bottom-line impact
Dan McMillan, Head Of Media Relations, AXA UK
George Leney, Director of Communications & Events, Samsung Electronics Europe
Chris Wynn, Director of Communications, John Lewis Partnership
Laura Wootton, Head of Corporate Communications, ITV
Adam Davison, Group Corporate Affairs Director, Holland & Barrett
David Child, Brand & PR Director, Europe, Thomas Cook
Shreya Singh, Corporate Communications Manager, Lloyds Banking Group
Emily Fingland, Director of Strategic Communications, National Highways
17.30 Afternoon Co-Chairs’ Closing Remarks & Official Close Of Conference